Overview of the Sharing and Visibility Architect certification
Tips to taking the exam
- When doing the real thing, follow the standard practice of speeding through answering the easy questions and marking any with any level of doubt for review.
- Review first pass unchecking those you are totally confident you are right or totally confident you have no clue.
- Third pass, commit to an answer.
- If time remains, go through everything again.
- On the second pass, read the questions thoroughly. It is the small details in the exam that are easy to trip over.
- Remember that it’s the best solution given the parameters.
- If multiple options will solve it, which has an advantage over the others?
- Which addresses all of the variables in the question?
- When there are multiple answers that could be right, think about which answer is declarative vs programmatic and which is the most secure
Focus on Force
My notes in Bionic Text Format
runAs() is only for test classes
runAs() does not enforce user and system permissions
runAs() does not enforce FLS
Tagging rules have only three options:
1. Restrict users to pre-defined tags
2. Allow any tag
3. Suggest tags
There is no View Content permission
The Salesforce CRM Content User is a Feature License enabled at the User Level (not Profile)
Granular locking is default
Granular locking processes multiple operations simultaneously
Parallel recalculation runs asynchronously and in parallel thus speeding up the process. Creating sharing rules or updating OWD must wait until the recalculation is complete
Initialize test data and variables before the startTest method in a test class
There is NO Account Team Access
Team Member Access is how to view access.
While the permission is Edit, the Apex method is isUpdateble()
While the FLS column is View, the API method is isAccessible()
If want to see group access, look in group maintenance table, not sharing setting for object.
User above a role in the hierarchy can edit opportunity teams of users in subordinate roles
File types cannot be restricted by the library
Opportunities have a Transfer Record permission
Experience Cloud uses Sharing Sets
Sharing rules cannot set base object access
PK chunking to split bulk api queries for large data sets
Rapid access usually means a custom list view
A library with more than 5k files cannot have a folder added
Sharing set in Experience Cloud allows access only to account and contact records.
Share groups are only for HVP users
Schema.Describe.SObject/Field result for permissions
Session based permission set group is more efficient than multiple session based permission sets
There is no Partner Community Plus
Sharing sets can be assigned to profiles
Criteria based sharing rules are only for field value criterion. If no field value criteria, use ownership based sharing rules
Max file size for UI upload is 2GB
EPIM = Enhanced Personal Information Management
Delegated external administrators can’t see custom fields on user detail records
Sharing Hierarchy button is a thing that shows the hierarchy
Share Groups are not available for Partner Community Users
If the default OWD access is changed for an object, it is no longer controlled by parent
There is no Permission Object
Sharing Rules share to groups and profiles, not individuals
Enhance Transaction Security Policy can be triggered by request time length
If only one custom record type is assigned to a user that is the default type for that user.
Territories can belong to public groups
Activities are child objects of any of the following parents: Account, Opportunity, Case, Campaign, Asset and custom objects with Allow Activities.
the ‘with sharing’ and ‘without sharing’ keywords can be declared at the class level, but not at the method level.
The Group Maintenance tables store Inherited and Implicit grants, i.e., the extrapolated grants, which makes sense as extrapolation is more compute-intense than a query.
Partner Community can use Sharing Rules
External OWD must be equal or more restrictive than the Internal OWD
© Scott S. Nelson